Candle Care

Beeswax candles are unique for all the right reasons!

Our 100% natural Australian beeswax is the cleanest form of wax you can burn. Beeswax will differ based on the flowers pollinated by the bees and for that reason, each of our candles will have their own unique burn, much like a fingerprint. A result of this incredible attribute are imperfections that might appear in your candle after burning. You might experience a crack through the surface or uneven burning. Don’t worry, this is the natural beauty of beeswax! Candles that show perfect adhesion and resetting after burning is usually evidence of chemical additives and other nasties. Embrace the imperfections, it’s all part of the beeswax charm.

With this in mind, we recommend following these simple steps to ensure the best bang for your burn!

Let it burn

The first burn is important, let it burn for long enough to reach a full melt pool (this will probably take 3 to 4 hours for amber jars and 5 to 6 for pillars), this will help eliminate the chance of tunneling during future burns. The beeswax flame is bigger and brighter than other candles – enjoy!

Trim your wick

Always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting the candle – this removes carbon from the end of the wick. This in turn helps the flame burn bigger and brighter, and will help the wax burn all the way to the edge of the jar. Keeping your wick upright will also help to avoid an uneven melt pool.

Burn for longer than 2 hours

Beeswax is denser than other waxes and requires longer to reach a full melt pool. Denser wax means longer burn time (yes please!) However, if you extinguish your flame before reaching a full melt pool, usually shorter than 3 hours, unused wax will remain that way and tunnelling will be caused.

Extinguish with a wick dipper

If you have access to a wick snuffer or dipper, it’s best to use this to extinguish the flame. Doing so will coat the wick in the beeswax which will prep it well for its next burn.

Know how to burn your candle safely

  • Handle with care as beeswax has a very high melting point which can cause the jar to become extremely hot
  • Never leave your candle unattended when burning
  • Always burn on a heat resistant surface and out of reach from children or pets
  • Never burn your candle in a draft, direct sunlight, or near anything flammable

Free Shipping for Orders Over $50!

For limited time only!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse on this website, you accept the use of cookies for the above purposes.